1.03.2011

What's for Dinner?

Just a little sampling of the many pictures and lessons learned on our great Christmas in Portugal trip. 'Tis the season of the pig in Portugal and we were part of a December (+/- 300 lb) pig killing. Lucky for me I only had to play the part of the video recorder - full of foul mouthed commentary. I'll spare the details but I look back on all of it fondly and I will probably still think about ham way more than most people but until grapes start screaming, I look forward to the wine season possibly come September:

the pig:




















Alheira's:




















Rovello's (that we picked but didn't get to eat):
















Chicken bbq in the smoke house:




















the one on the right:
















pig nipples (the only thing I did not like):
















Collards:
















Blood with garlic:

No comments: