1.30.2008

bread















Nothing is growing. The Squirrels hid all the bulbs. School started last week. I stay inside because it's cold so I see nothing. I don't know what else to post except BREAD success!! I got a beautiful Kitchen Aid mixer for my birthday last week and I made a sad little loaf over the weekend but last night I made a plump and delicious loaf topped with black salt. As per a recommendation from Jason, I watched Alton Browns bread episode and definitely learned a good lesson. The key: letting the bread rise twice in an extremely humid environment. His method: take a deep baking tray and place it on the bottom shelf of the oven and then fill it with boiling water and set the bread on a shelf above the hot water to rise. It takes about 2 hours and I also added fresh boiling water in the middle of it. It is delicious.

No comments: