I want this flooring

What in the world is this stuff called? I've only seen it in banks and schools and probably many other institutional spaces but I am starting to really love it. I recently saw a converted bank building that still had the brass electrical outlets in this type of flooring. I'm hooked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's called terrazzo and it's a marble/cement aggregate. I love it in Post Offices, but it's also really nice here: http://www.machado-silvetti.com/projects/getty_museum/index.php